Altea La Vella:
- Restaurante Ca Toni in the center of the old town of Altea la Vella. In a house with more than 100 years of history, with terraces full of jasmine in the summer and indoor restaurant next to the fireplace in the winter, make it a unique restaurant. Mediterranean cuisine, local seafood, paella (pre-order!) pizza from the stone oven (Fri-Sun, dinner). Live music on Thursdays, exhibitions by local artists. Curiosity: tobacco shop in the restaurant. Tip: two flat screen TV for football broadcasts. On the road leading to the church.
- Meliton exquisite cuisine in wonderful ambiente in a restored village house
- Sabor excellent food at reasonable prices! Voted: bouillabaisse, rack of lamb. In the summer and on weekends booked!! Opposite the port of Altea, just before the end of the city.
- Bar La Mascarada nice bar filled with relics of the world travels of the now deceased owner, the circumnavigator Captain Kurt. On the Church Square, Altea.
- Bar La Plaza this cult pub on Church Square in Altea probably is the last one to close eyery night. Live music on weekends.
- Fronton Bar on the beach promenade in Altea. A “Tapa” is served with each “Caña”
- Bar Bocaito a nice Tapa is served with every beer. Ideal for killing time while you are waiting for your laundry to finish in the laundromat of the petrol station just across the street
Chiringuitos beach bars are open only during the summer. They are set up in early June, by the end of September, they must be completely gone from the beach. The offers range from cold beer to a delicious meal:
- Merendero El Arrecife excellent food, locals eat their Paella here, saying this is the best on the coast. By the way, Paella is eaten preferably at lunch. It’s fascinating what two old ladies can create in a small kitchen! Paella needs to be ordered in advance, during high season you should book a table for dinner in advance otherwise you might have to wait quite a while, or you might even be turned away. Parking is available at the police station behind the Villa Gadea, then take the stairs down to the beach. Phone: +34965841563
- El Sigarro with luck you can park right outside the door. Open from morning , perfect for a tostada with tomato and a cup of coffee. Usually closes after the last guests leave. Access across from the restaurant “Los Jasmines” on the national road N-332
- Bar El Sant no Chiringuito but a bar is open throughout the year. So you can truly appreciate the warm winter sun with a wine or a “Cortado” on the beach. Open from morning, the tables are usually set outside overlooking the beach around noon. In summer open in the evenings, other seasons usually until 6:00 pm. Closed on Mondays. Access across from the restaurant “Los Jasmines” on the national road N-332
- Samoa hipster among the Chiringuitos, chill-out music, when the wind is strong one can watch the windsurfers and kitesurfers take off. Here you can sunbathe until the sun sets: in the late afternoon one turns away from the sea towards Algar river whose waters reflect the sunset. Snacks such as hamburgers and fries are available throughout the day, in the evening the giant barbecue is fired up by the argentine owner and the air fills with the scent of steak, filet, churrasco, and the like. Access from the road N-332 via small road next to the bridge over the Algar that leads between a nursery down to the river. Before reaching the river turn left onto the stony, dusty path to the beach. Open daily until 3:00 clock.
- Tsunami simple small beach on the south side of the port of Altea. Rental of kayaks and stand-up paddle boards.
- On Calle Santo Domingo and partly in the surrounding streets, a tapas restaurant next to the other, from traditional to contemporary, from low to high priced. Perhaps most famously, the Cava Aragonesa at the end of the passage to the Plaza de la Constitución. Pedestrian area in the old town.